A blueprint for future development…
“There is no more powerful transformative force than education—to promote human rights and dignity, to eradicate poverty and deepen sustainability, to build a better future for all, founded on equal rights and social justice, respect for cultural diversity, and international solidarity and shared responsibility, all of which are fundamental aspects of our common humanity."
– Irina Bokova, former Director-General of UNESCO
Student Group Activity Grant Program
The Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Initiative Student Group Activity Grant promotes and supports SDG-related activities conducted by student groups from the Crookston, Duluth, Morris, Rochester, and Twin Cities campuses. Grants of up to $500 are available to help fund a variety of activities and in the 2022-23 school year included supporting a "take as you need" food pantry for health professional students facing food insecurity, a sustainability forum focussed on maintaining ecological and socially-just work environments through the lens of Indigenous and underrepresented populations, among other student-led efforts.
SDG/ICC Faculty Development Program
The UMN SDG Initiative is partnering with the GPS Alliance to incorporate SDGs as a framework into their existing Internationalizing the Curriculum and Campus (ICC Program). The existing ICC program focuses on providing all students with global learning experiences. The ICC team serves as a hub for the rich internationalization efforts of faculty, staff, and students across all five University of Minnesota campuses and is an excellent partner to help bring the SDG framework to faculty and, ultimately, into the classroom.
Featured Student/Teaching Content
SDG Tools and Resources for Students/Teachers
The 17 Goals, UN Department of Economic and Social Affairs
Universities and the SDGS
- Getting Started with SDGs at Universities
- Accelerating Education for SDGS at Universities
- The University Global Coalition
- Teachsdgs.org - K-12 Education Focus
United Nations Youth Focused SDG Campaigns
- The Lazy Person’s Guide to Saving the World
- Be the Change Challenge
- 170 Actions to Combat Climate Change
- Act Now - Individual Climate Action Campaign
SDG Graphics and Branding Guidelines
- Official UN SDG Logos, Icons and Branding FAQ (NOTE: use the logo for non-UN entities)
- Guidelines for Use of SDG Logo and Icons (updated 2019)