“At its essence, sustainability means ensuring prosperity and environmental protection without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their needs. A sustainable world is one where people can escape poverty and enjoy decent work without harming the earth’s essential ecosystems and resources; where people can stay healthy and get the food and water they need; where everyone can access clean energy that doesn’t contribute to climate change; where women and girls are afforded equal rights and equal opportunities.”
- United Nations Foundation
Stay in the Know
Promote Your SDG Related Work
Official UN SDG Icons, logos and marks can be downloaded directly from the United Nations communications website.
University units SHOULD NOT use the wordmark with the UN Emblem.
Please review the UN’s brand guidelines for additional restrictions.
For UMN SDG Initiative specific graphic requests, please reach out to the UMN SDG Initiative
SDG Tools and Resources
- United Nations Overview of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals and their targets.
- Read the 2030 Agenda in full.
- Check out The Global Goals for worldwide SDG news and developments.
- Goal of the Month website
- A guide for Maximizing the impact of partnerships for the SDGs
- Official UN SDG Icons, logos and marks can be downloaded directly from the United Nations communications website and additional branding is available on The Global Goals Resources Page. Please review the UN’s brand guidelines prior to use.
- The Global Goals | United Nations YouTube Channel
- Explore the 2021 Sustainable Development Report
- Interested in learning more about the SDGs as part of your coursework? Check out the UMN SDG Course Listing
- Are you involved with a student activity group? Consider applying for a UMN SDG Initiative Student Group Activity Grant
- Getting Started with SDGs at Universities
- Accelerating Education for SDGS at Universities
- The University Global Coalition
- Teachsdgs.org - K-12 Education Focus
- Be the Change Challenge
- 170 Actions to Combat Climate Change
- Learn More about the UMN SDG Initiative Research Grants Program
- Explore the UMN SDG Experts Database created by the UMN Libraries
- Check out the One Health Systems Mapping and Analysis Resource Toolkit (OH-SMART)
- Watch previous UMN SDG Initiative webinars to hear more about how UMN experts and partners are tackling the goals
- UN Library’s SDG Research Resource Guide
- Help Identify Research that Advances the SDGs
- View the Atlas of Sustainable Development Goals
- SDG Literacy and Relating Your Research to the Global Challenges